Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hong Kong Day 3: the Andy Warhol 15 Minutes Eternal exhibit!!!!!




I was so excited to wake up on this third day in HK.  The Hong Kong Museum of Art was a block away from the hotel and we went there first thing in the morning.
"In the future, everybody will be world-famous for 15 minutes." You have correctly predicted the future, Mr. Warhol.
We weren't allowed to take photos in the exhibit area, of course, but I wish for you to go see this exhibit. It was a very extensive exhibit, with pieces from his childhood til the year of his death in '87. I obviously left the building with my jaws unhinged and my mind blown away.  Needless to say, this was so inspiring.
The escalator the led the way up to the exhibit entrance was dressed in hot pink.






 The 15 Minutes Eternal Exhibit will run til March 31, 2013 at the Hong Kong Museum of Art, 10 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong. For more information, click here.

As sunny as the photos seem, it was actually freezing! It's nice that we found a quaint little coffee shop along the museum compound. The place is called SimplyLife.




Coffee was average, nothing special to be honest, but I was so glad to be indoors that day.  There were very minimal vegetarian options in their menu (just your basic salad and soup).

SimplyLife Bakery Cafe is located at Shop L2-30, Festival Walk.  They have other branches listed here.

After this, we walked a little to the K-11 Art Mall, which I think is one of the tallest buildings in Kowloon. I am in love with the concept of this mall and I certainly wish we had something like this here in Manila.  They bring pop art to the people! Boutiques are curated well, their shopping selection is superb. On the ground floor, just before you step in the mall is this installation--a flying pig!
A number of restaurants in the mall didn't have too much vegetarian options yet again, and by this time I was yearning for un-Asian flavors, so we decided to have pizza and pasta from a restaurant whose name I forget about, sorry. I guess this sort of says something about that restaurant, if I forget what it's called, or maybe about my appetite because this is all I got:
Oh and this, from the map I was carrying around...zoom in on the photo if you're curious.


No comments:

Post a Comment