Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hong Kong Day 2: Very very cold





From Tsim Sha Tsui, we rode the ferry to get to Central.  It was a freezing cold day.  When we got back to the hotel that night, we caught the news and apparently the last time temperatures got that cold in HK was 10 years ago.

Despite the cold cold cold weather though, it was a walking trip.  We rummaged around the area, found nice little shops and food and drinks.
Freezing in the ferry.
 
For brunch, I was trying to look for a 50s style vegetarian restaurant called Veggie SF in Stanley St. but we had a hard time trying to find it so we settled in this place called Miso Cool only to find out that it was in the same building as Veggie SF! We were done ordering the time I found out about this so oh well we stayed there.  The food servings were huuuuge though and my ramen was mighty good.  However, I must say that I'm not the biggest fan of ramen.  It's not that I don't like them, I just don't think I'll go around and look for them. So maybe if someday I do rave about ramen it could be hella good.  I did love their eggplant japanese-style and the half-boiled eggs.
Japanese half-boiled eggs
Wild mushroom ramen.
Meat things for J. Haha I forget what they were.
If this entices you at all, the Miso Cool branch we went to is located at 1/F, 11 Stanley Street, Central, 2868 3738.  They have two other branches here: Shop SLG8-9A, Sub lower G/F, Westlands Gardens, 2-10 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay 2565 1001 and Shop B231-B233, K11, 18 Hanoi Road, TST, 3122 4477.  If you're interested in the aforementioned and never found Veggie SF, here's the address: 10/F Stanley 11, No. 11 Stanley St., Central, Hong Kong. Huhu, let me know if it's any good!

A little ways down the road we spotted an Aesop store, which I loved but couldn't afford. I covet everything here though! They have the most amazing packaging and store design.  Dear universe, please give me makeup branding/packaging clients! Thank you, universe.
(By the way, if you're into makeup and all that, I have quite a few stories about my Hong Kong haul here.)

Ahh, one of the favorite shops I went in to: Premiere Pression Provence. It is tucked inside the narrow little Graham Street, where down the road I saw a street market, its stalls slowly being put up.
Just look at that branding. Lovely.



I'd love to get my hands on this cookbook.



The most beautiful part, it's a mix-your-own-olive oil shop! We tried so many kinds of olive oils, from the fruity to the woodsier range, but in the end we stuck to the olive oil set that came with 5 different varieties rather than mixing our own blend (which we feared might suck). I wasn't able to take a proper photo of the lavender honey I got for my new honey collection. (Last year I faced my new found affection for honey and started collecting one from each area I go to.) There was a balsamic vinegar area as well, and they had all these concoctions that just about blew my mind.


Olive oil candy!

We were given free samples of their own olive oil candy which was divine.  Premiere Pression Provence is located at 39 Graham Street, Central, Hong Kong. I think you must check this one out.

Just across the PPP boutique in Graham Street is this cute little boutique but I have no way of understanding what it says on its sign. If you do, please let me know.  They had washi tapes, the cutest ceramic stuff, japanese fabrics...sigh. This place was a dream. 


Perpendicular to Graham Street is another street which name escapes me but it had this curious shop called Vintage HK.  It had a wide assortment of vintage jewelry, clothes, shops and whatnot--definitely comparable to vintage shops in Cubao X, which I like.

There's more of my HK Day 2 Chronicles but I am resisting the urge to post everything in this one post.  Let's reserve a little more for later, shall we?  The other stores we went to are just as lovely! Definitely, definitely, inspired.  I want to put up my store/cafe someday. Love, W.

2 comments:

  1. Wow didn't know they have so many nice and cute places in HK. Last time I was there was nung high school pa ata and all I did was shop. Haha. ;_;

    Lovely photos and lovely new layout! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie, yeah the last time I was there was in 2003 and I didn't remember most of these cute places too! I researched this time!There were a lot of art supply shops too! I drooled! Thanksss and I've been visiting your always-lovely blog too :)

      Delete